logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --make-all-cycleways oddity

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Aug 28 10:19:23 BST 2009

Hi V,

Yes, using mapsource, if the cycleway=opposite tag is present it will
route a car into the last segment of Hembrugstraat using the cycleway
but if the destination is not the last segment of that road or the
cycleway tag is not present, it will route the car correctly.

Experimentally, I split the last segment of that way to introduce a new
new node and it behaved similarly i.e. it would route correctly right
up to the last segment but when the dest was in the last segment it
routed "arse about face" (as we say).

Not at all sure where the problem is here - quite plausibly a bug in
the Garmin routing engine. If so, perhaps we can work around it.

Cheers,

Mark