logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --tdbfile option

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Aug 27 20:31:49 BST 2009

On 27/08/09 17:50, Robert Joop wrote:
> steve, the resources/help/en/options file states that the --tdbfile
> makes mkgmap write a .tdb file.
> but i always got a .tdb file, even though i never used this option.
> is this option only necessary when one merges .img files, and
> superfluous when processing .osm files?

You always get one if there is more than one file (of whatever kind)
being processed.
I should just make it always produce the file and drop the option.

There used to be a slight justification for this behaviour because
in qlandkarte you could load a single .img all by itself without
a .tdb or overview map, but now in qlandkartegt you always need one
and the same is true of mapsource.

Regards,

..Steve