logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Possible maxspeed patch

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Wed Aug 26 20:42:42 BST 2009

MarkS wrote:
> Mark Burton wrote:
>> Hi Mark,
>>

> I'll change it. The original intention was to avoid creating another
> option (as I'd seen some comment about "yet another option"). But I'm
> happy to go down that route.

Here's a revised version of the patch picking up the suggestions Mark made.

This adds a new option "maxspeed". This can be set to:

"ignore" - The maxspeed tag is ignored and road class from the style
file is used.
"heed" - The maxspeed tag is used. If it doesn't exist then road class
from the style file is used
"lower" - The lower of the maxspeed tag and the road class is used.
"higher" - The higher of the maxspeed tag and the road class is used.

If "maxspeed" isn't defined then the patch will look for ignore-maxspeed
; if ignore-maxspeed is present then it will just use the road class
from the style file. This will ensure current usage isn't broken.

If "maxspeed" and "ignore-maxspeed" are not defined then it will default
to "heed" which reproduces current behaviour.

Mark