logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] ant test supposed to work?

From Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org on Wed Aug 26 17:14:26 BST 2009

Steve Ratcliffe <steve at parabola.me.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> On 25/08/09 23:18, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>> In building other java applications, I'm used to checking that the build
>> is sane by invoking 'ant test'.  This fails for me with mkgmap.  Is this
>> a known problem, or something I can fix?
>
> You need to have junit in you classpath (or edit build.xml or
> external.properties appropriately).  Version 4.5 or later is needed.

Actually the problem was the org.hamcrest package.  If anyone else runs
into the same, I solved it by installing the "libhamcrest-java" debian
package and then fixing up the installation like this:

mocca:/usr/share/ant/lib# ln -s ../../java/hamcrest-core.jar .

Possibly the debian package should have added the symlink, other java
packages have symlinks in that directory.

/Simon