logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter --cache parameter

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Wed Aug 26 01:00:50 BST 2009

Hi Francois,

Have a go with splitter r77. It should now detect what a cache from a previous
splitter run contains. It will then reuse or regenerate it as is appropriate
for the parameters you have provided to the current run. I've tested just
about every combination of --split-file, --cache, and .osm file parameters
I can think of, hopefully it'll do the right thing in all situations now.
Give me a shout if you have any problems.

Chris

>> "Be careful to delete the cache files if you want to rerun the
>> splitter on a different .osm file, otherwise the previously cached
>> data will be used from the original .osm file instead. (I'll probably
>> add a check for this situation, but there's nothing in place to
>> prevent it just yet.)"

f> Oups, I read your message too fast ;-)
f>
>> Basically if you specify --cache and there's already some cache files
>> in existence, they'll get used and any .osm files that you specify on
>> the command line will be ignored. Until I address this, you could try
>> creating different directories to use as a cache for each .osm file
>> you want to process. eg:
>>
>> java -Xmx2000m -jar splitter.jar --cache=switzerland
>> switzerland.osm.bz2 java -Xmx2000m -jar splitter.jar --cache=andorra
>> andorra.osm.bz2

f> Until you address that, a "rm -f nodes.bin* ways.bin* relations.bin*"
f> at
f> the end of my batch file did the trick. ;-)