logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] extended types and java buffer overflow

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Aug 25 22:14:24 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Using the same style-file as before but changing many streets from 0x??
> into 0xe10?? I needed to reduce by 70-75% the maxnodes settings of the
> map so that it compiles without error.

What error do you get? Please post the message.

> Is there possibly a bug or is it normal that using extended types forces
> you to use much smaller tiles?
> Anyone already using the extended types and also seeing this problem?

We're charting new territory here (ho ho), so anything is possible.

> For some countries I needed to reduce maxnodes via splitter to 150.000
> so that they compile fine. Even Denmark ran well on 400.000 before. I am
> a bit buffled about this.
>
> Overlays and Relations work fine now, I had forgotten about some patches
> that I was using previously and stopped by upgrading to 1140.

Good.

Using extended types should not change the number of nodes or arcs but
it does create extra data structures. So, please give more info about
the error, it might just be a bug in the new code.

Cheers,

Mark