logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap build process: how to apply patches

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Mon Aug 24 21:18:11 BST 2009

Chris-Hein Lunkhusen schreef:
> So, with "patch -p0" I was able to patch R1136 with the
> seapatch-4a and hopefully I will get a germany map
> with sea polygons tomorrow.

Please be aware, that patch will spit out various messages when
something goes wrong. When a patch is simply a few lines further in the
file, it will apply with a "fuzz detected..." message. And if it fails,
patch will tell you so, too. So, generally speaking, if you know what
you're doing, patch is a fine tool to let go on your source code.

Oh, and if things go really wrong, you can always use patch -R, which
means: reverse the working of the patch (i.e. get the original file
back, if you didn't edit it in between).

V.
--
Durgerdamstraat 29, 1507 JL Zaandam; telefoon 075-7074579