logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overlays and routing

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Sun Aug 23 15:41:23 BST 2009

Felix Hartmann wrote:

>> overlays file contains just this:
>>
>> 0x123:   0x23, 0x02
>>
> 0x23 is a non-routable type. Try 0x03 and 0x02 for example and it should
> work.

I'd hoped that 0x02 would make the way routable and that 0x23 would then
be used for extra decoration (in this case one way arrows on the road
were being added by a type file that defines arrows for 0x23).

If I enter: "0x123:  0x02, 0x03" in overlays won't this create two
routable ways in exactly the same place?

If I enter: "0x123: 0x02, 0x02" this would seem to create two routable
ways of exactly the same type. But I can't add one way arrows.

I feel like I'm missing something here.