logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Overlays and routing

From MarkS OSM at redcake.co.uk on Sun Aug 23 12:06:25 BST 2009

I've just discovered the overlays file but eveytime I use it routing
breaks for any road where an overlay is used (mapsource either crashes
or it just draws a straight line). These are very short routes (a few
hundred meters) and work if I turn the overlay off.

I'm confident the overlay is working because I can see the extra way in
mapsource and GPSMapedit.

Should routing work with an overlay or am I wasting my time?

Details:

Mkgmap version: 1122

overlays file contains just this:

0x123:   0x23, 0x02

the lines file contains (amongst lots of other non overlay things):

highway=trunk & oneway=yes [0x123 road_class=3 road_speed=5 resolution 16]

I've tried values other than 0x23 in the overlays, all produce the same
result but values over about 0x2c don't display in mapsource.