logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression causing Heap space exhaustion?

From Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com on Sat Aug 22 12:17:50 BST 2009

  The reason for the high memory usage is that most nodes in the Danish
  extract look like this:

  <node id='342123311' lat='55.3401904' lon='9.4886152'>
  <tag k='addr:postcode' v='6070'/>
  <tag k='kms:zip_no' v='6070'/>
  <tag k='kms:street_name' v='Seggelund Hovedvej'/>
  <tag k='kms:last_updated' v='2002'/>
  <tag k='kms:county_name' v='Sønderjyllands Amtskommune'/>
  <tag k='addr:street' v='Seggelund Hovedvej'/>
  <tag k='kms:municipality_name' v='Christiansfeld'/>

This gets very messy, but I suppose tags could be trimmed on reading if
there is some way to know/declare that they won't be used.  The problem
is then the relation matching can't use those, and this could get
mysterious.  I wonder if the style file could have a section to declare
node tags to trim, and then abort if they are later used in styles?