logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Regression causing Heap space exhaustion?

From Morten Kjeldgaard mok at bioxray.au.dk on Sat Aug 22 00:01:19 BST 2009

On 21/08/2009, at 23.26, Steve Ratcliffe wrote:

> When support for relations was added the memory required increased.  I
> think that was added along with routing, I believe, which was in
> version
> 684 or thereabouts, so that will explain what you see.
>
> I don't use debian, but I just downloaded their package to have
> a look at their mkgmap script.  If you add the option -Xmx512m after
> the $JAVACMD in the line:
>
>   exec $JAVACMD -jar /usr/share/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar "$@"
>
> That should help.

I've tried at 512M, 1024M, all the way up to 4096M, with the same
result. The only difference is at 4G it takes much longer before
mkgmap gives up. I don't think there's much point in going further
than 4G, the problem must lie elsewhere.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions so far!

Cheers,
Morten

--
Morten Kjeldgaard <mok0 at ubuntu.com>