logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r1135: Patch by Rudi for problems with multipolygons

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Aug 21 18:38:29 BST 2009

Hi
> In the patch, this solution is applied when the number
> of points is less than 32.
>
> Is that an exactly determined number, or is it
> just a rough estimate of where things start to go wrong?

I think the problem might be that the polygon splitting goes wrong
when the lines touch.  Only large polygons are split, so that could
explain the size related aspect.

The multipoly_test3.osm file (which has less than 32 points but is very
large) works perfectly without any further patching if I modify
your patch to always use the shifted points.

It may be possible to modify the splitting code to work, but I will
just change the 32 to a 0 for now and see if that helps with the
sea polygons too.

..Steve