logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: -- breaks overlays and relations file?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Fri Aug 21 12:18:02 BST 2009

Hi Felix,

> Overlays. I mean the overlays file in the style-files. Before 1139 if you
> had a line in your lines file saysing for example:
> highway=footway & highway=cycleway [0x123 resolution 20] you could now
> define in the overlays file  0x123:   0x2a,   0x0c
> and both 0x2a and 0x0c were included in the map at the same place. So if
> your footway looks like 0x0x0x (with 0 being transparent in typfile, and x
> being a color) and cycleway y0y0y0 (with y being another color), the result
> would be both footway and cycleway rendered as yxyxyx.
>
> routes... ups sorry should have said relations. Anything written to the
> relations file is not enacted anymore.

Thanks for spelling this out for me. I'm such an airhead that I didn't
even know these features existed!

I have looked at the overlay stuff and still can't see why the extended
type code should break it so, at the moment, it remains a mystery.

I shall keep thinking about it.

Cheers,

Mark