logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Aug 19 22:27:05 BST 2009

Thilo Hannemann wrote:
> Am 19.08.2009 um 22:17 schrieb Simon Josefsson:
>
>> How do I use the test-map:all-elements feature?
>>
>> (I have a problem with highway=service roads on my Legend HCx when it
>> uses Swedish, it labels the roads as "Allé" which I suspect is a
>> mis-translation of "Alley" -- solving this might require firmware
>> fixing
>> though..)
>>

> When invoking mkgmap, instead of giving it all those *.osm files, you
> just use "test-map:all-elements" as the input file name. This is a
> virtual file so to speak and will generate the test map. Normally it
> is centered around London, which might be not what you want. By
> setting the *environment variables* BASE_LAT and BASE_LON you can
> place the test map at any coordinate you like. How you set environment
> variables depends on your operating system. On a Mac (using the
> standard bash shell) and also on Linux with the bash shell you can use
> "export BASE_LAT=..." and "export BASE_LON=..." to set it in the
> terminal. You'll have to use the same terminal to start mkgmap,
> because the environment variables are separate for each terminal.
>
> Regards
> Thilo

Yeah that list is really awful to edit. I structured my findings the
other way around, so noting all objects that were found in the search
function of Mapsource, and not where an object shows up.

I have attached my points file, which in the first part consists of the
explication where which object is found in Mapsource. There are some
types inside that are missing in the wiki and also notes if objects are
not exchangable via typfile. If someone prefers that format, feel free
to build up on it, or include it into the wiki page