logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mapname splitter V mkgmap

From frmas frmas at free.fr on Wed Aug 19 18:58:00 BST 2009

Greg Troxel a écrit :
>> and I have lots of errors like this one :
>> GRAVE (RoadNetwork): Road Avinguda Meritxell; FIXME (OSM id 6182097)
>> contains zero length arc
>> GRAVE (RoadNetwork):
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.50842&lon=1.53407&zoom=17
>> GRAVE (RoadNetwork): Road Avinguda Meritxell; FIXME (OSM id 6182097)
>> contains zero length arc
>
> I don't really understand, but I think the command line is parsed
> incrementally and the options in force when the filename is given are
> the ones that are used.  I had the same experience as you and have been
> putting -c template.args as the last argument to mkgmap.

Hmm, yes. I do it too.
Still experimenting : according to the inside help,
--overview-mapname=name
        If --tdbfile is enabled, this gives the name of the overview
        .img and .tdb files. The default map name is OSM_map

Testing it, to find out a solution to my mixed maps menu, I thought that
if I don't add the parameter --overview-mapname, the overview files
(.img and .tdb) should be named : OSM_map.img and OSM_map.tdb.
But at least, here on my system, they are always named : 63240000.tdb
and 63240000.img.
If I use the parameter --overview-mapname=xxxxxx, the overview files are
 well named. Is there something wrong in my understanding of that
parameter ? (In case it matters, I made those tests using in both cases
the parameter --overview-mapnumber=63240500). Francois