logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Instructions to make contour maps

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Wed Aug 19 18:08:29 BST 2009

Hi!

Paul schrieb:
> Unless you already have data for Srtm2Osm then this approach will not
> work as NASA has moved the data and Srtm2Osm is no longer being updated.

This is no longer true. Bomm has taken over and updated srtm2osm, it is
working again and I am currently even testing some improvements.

> Groundtruth (the successor to Srtm2Osm) is able to do a similar thing
> although I have yet to successfully get contours for the UK but that's
> likely to be  a local issue

I was unsuccessful with groundtruth, too. It works well, but it can't
just give me countours for some bounds I requested, it always changes
the bounds to its liking so that the data would need to be re-cut to the
required area.

bye
	Nop