logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Aug 19 14:15:28 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
>> That list is in my eyes just crap when it comes to extended types, as
>> any of those lines / points / polygons will only be shown if defined in
>> typfile, and many others if defined too. I only don't know whether there
>> are any regions that will not be shown, or only shown in Mapsource.
>>

> My etrex shows at least some of them.
>

>> I don't think any 3-byte POI is shown in search, but maybe wrong on this....
>>

> You're wrong because some of the marine pois show up.
>
> I don't use a typfile (so just guessing) but why can't you use one to
> define whatever is needed for stuff with extended types?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

okay, I got it working. Great.

I think we should open a wiki page where we should add what
line/poi/polygon types are possible.

For lines I think any 0x10??? is working (definitely many more are shown
as given in maptk/cgpsmapper documentation). I did not really bugproof
this however. It could be possible that while those lines shown, there
may be other problems if using the whole range (like 0x80 being
identical to 0x40).
0x12??? however does not work in Mapsource.
So there seem to be again limitations on what shows up and what does not
show up.... Maybe GPS will again behave different.

Or does anyone know what types are possible to be selected?

Felix