logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1140: Added support for extended types.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Aug 19 12:11:42 BST 2009

Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Felix,
>

>> I did not look into the patch, but does it mean that I could use in my
>> style-file the following:
>> [0x01234 resolution 22]?
>>
>> And then off course add a definition for this type in my typfile.
>>
>> Or is there more that needs to be changed?
>>

> Actually, my knowledge of extended types is limited. The attached file
> lists some extended codes. It may not be a complete listing, perhaps
> more are supported?
>
> Note that there are codes allocated for custom points, lines, and
> areas. Perhaps you can use those?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

That list is in my eyes just crap when it comes to extended types, as
any of those lines / points / polygons will only be shown if defined in
typfile, and many others if defined too. I only don't know whether there
are any regions that will not be shown, or only shown in Mapsource.

I don't think any 3-byte POI is shown in search, but maybe wrong on this....