logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin Device Routing Options

From Chris-Hein Lunkhusen chris66nrw at gmx.de on Sun Aug 16 20:07:00 BST 2009

Mark Burton schrieb:

> The Garmin access restrictions as we understand them are not as
> flexible as the OSM tags. No through routing only works for cars, i.e.
> you can have motorcar=destination but the more general case
> access=destination or other specific cases like hgv=destination don't
> work.

Do I understand correct that the garmin maps have a flag for
motorcar=destination which is different from motorcar= no ?

I my style I have a rule

highway=* & (access=private | access=destination | motorcar=destination)
{add motorcar = no}

This works but maybe is not necessary ?

Chris