logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Make --add-pois-to-areas default?

From Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us on Sat Aug 15 21:19:27 BST 2009

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Hanno Böck<hanno at hboeck.de> wrote:

> I just noted with a garmin map from kleineisel.de that my local supermarket is
> not listed.
>
> The reason is that it's an area, not a point. I think this is caused by not
> applying --add-pois-to-areas (?)
>
> I think it's reasonable to make this option the default and only disable it by
> request. It should be the common case that one wants pois generated also if
> they are areas.

I would say yes, except we need to block creation of POIs for areas
that don't have a name.  The last map I made has tons of POIs for
every unnamed pond and wooded area - that gets a bit distracting when
you are trying to search for a POI.

--
Jeff Ollie