logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mistake in options?

From Garvan & maew garvan.maew at online.com.kh on Thu Aug 13 14:45:54 BST 2009

Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> I found two strange things:
>
> - if you don't set --overview-mapname, the tdbfile will have the name of
> the overview-mapnumber, 63240000.tdb, (instead of OSM_map). The source
> reads OSM_map, so I can't find where it goes wrong.
>
> - the --description option seems not to work, there must be something
> wrong with the getDescription method, as changing it to "BLAH" in the
> source code will work, but using a nice "--description=Nederland shows a
> map with the description of "OSM Map". I also couldn't find out what
> went wrong here. I did notice that most of the options have a
> args.get("option-name","default"), while description seems to have its
> own args.getDescription(). I wouldn't know where the description of OSM
> Map comes from, though.

The --description=XXX is displayed in mapsource in the user data tab
when you select a map for upload, and forms the first part of the map
name in the GPSr. If you are not using mapsource to upload maps then
this could very well be different.

Are you confusing this with the series-name option which assigns the map
name in the "Select a Product" drop down list in mapsource?

Garvan