logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] best practice in adding address info for enhancing POI address search in Garmin units

From maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com on Thu Aug 13 03:47:07 BST 2009

Hi,

Perhaps not entirely appropriate here, but just the same here goes.
I am planning to finally incorporate address search in my Philippine
garmin map.  Currently, I always use --no-poi-address switch because
we lack address info in our data for the Phil.  There are several ways
to add this for mkgmap, Karlsruche schema and the is_in tag.

What would be the best and more efficient way to enable address info
in the POIs?

My previous attempts to use the is_in tag as a proxy to address info
yield showed inaccurate results.

My guess would be the full Karlsruche schema in liue of the is_in tags.
--
cheers,
maning