logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Putting the DP code under the microscope (simplifyWays patch V8)

From Thilo Hannemann thannema at gmx.de on Wed Aug 12 19:01:45 BST 2009

I'm currently working on it. Have you tried the patch together with
routing? In my trials the routing was completely broken after applying
the patch. That is because the merging is done *after* all the routing
info is generated. So if two ways are merged into one, the references
in the routing part of the map point nowhere. Also the turn
restrictions break, because they also refer to the unmerged ways. I'm
trying to apply the merging *before* the routing info and the turn
restrictions are generated, but up to now I run into all kinds of
trouble doing that. I hope I get it working soon, but if you like to
work on it as well I can post my current diffs.

Regards
Thilo