logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] observation regarding "board ferry"

From Valentijn Sessink valentyn at blub.net on Wed Aug 12 14:05:51 BST 2009

Hello list,

An observation I made regarding the "board ferry" message. I made a
short route that involves a ferry in simulation (non-GPS) mode, so the
Garmin will travel on the map all by itself.

- both OSM and native Garmin will stop at the beginning of a ferry
route, probably waiting for the virtual boat to leave.
- however, the Garmin shows an icon of a boat, while the OSM map just
shows an arrow (turn right/turn left).

Could "board ferry" be a sort of turn restriction? I'm happy to test
random values, but don't know where to look or what to look for. Anyone?

Best regards,

Valentijn