logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Changed build.xml for DEM generation

From jspanke at web.de jspanke at web.de on Tue Aug 11 23:50:33 BST 2009

Hi,
I'm using Linux and was searching for a way to create contour lines. Therefore I was amazed that Christian Gawron just added the functionality to mkgmap in svn.
But then I realized, that it was disabled again. Therefore I would like to propose the changes to the build.xml file and the external.properties (see attached files). This would enable the GeoTIFF class build if JAI is available.

By the way I'm still trying to understand the DEM functionality. Can anyone add some more information to the Wiki, e.g.
- where to download the needed files,
- how to set the required bounding box,
- an example of the content of the directory set by --dem-path
- etc.

Sorry about the questions, but I'm really curious about this functionality.

Regards,
Jörg