logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitting multipolygons

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Aug 11 23:10:54 BST 2009

On 10/08/09 15:07, Nop wrote:
>> There are other outstanding mulitpolygon fixes that may help too.
>> The first of which is applied to the multipolygon branch:
>
> I am not sure I understand. Do maps split with splitter also have the
> problem of missing polygons at the moment?

The splitter doesn't really know about multi polygons so there are no
reasons I know why it should introduce any problems.  It is just
the way the work is shared between splitter and mkgmap.  The splitter
creates a rough oversized area and mkgmap does the difficult work of
cutting the polygons to the exact boundary.

..Steve