logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygons

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sun Aug 9 17:36:51 BST 2009

Hi

I am going to merge all the multipolygon fixes.
Including, if appropriate, the sea polygon changes.

In addition to the patches sent to the list I also
have permission to use the attached patch from Olaf Kähler
which he describes as follows:

> I guess, mkgmap has a bug with "vanishing islands" in case of
> multipolygons. The major problem seems to be, that in the polygon
> splitting process (PolygonSplitterBase.java), the Java awt methods mess
> around with the inner polygons, that were previously merged into the
> outer polygons. I included a patch, that somewhat works, but still seems
> to have a few issues. I've also included sample .osm files to explain
> these issues:

I'd appreciate it if anyone who understands the polygon issues
takes a look at the patch.

Also if you have an test cases which don't work with the current
trunk but might be fixed by the outstanding patches let me know.

..Steve