logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Merging roundabouts that are split because of bus route relations

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Fri Aug 7 23:51:07 BST 2009

In the Finnish forum <http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=3763>,
user Juhe noticed that the Nüvi 205 gave directions as if a roundabout were
a series of junctions (as far as I understood).  But his fix was wrong:
it is not OK to merge the roundabout in the OSM source, because only part
of the roundabout belongs to a bus route relation.  Here is the changeset,
which has already been reverted according to user Daeron:

Juhe writes that he got his map from
<http://www.raumbezug.eu/ag/internet/osmGarmin.htm>, but he has since then
compiled a map with mkgmap based on my scripts
<http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/>.

Would it be possible to merge such roundabouts in mkgmap or in a preprocessing
script?  I guess that this would require a style rule plugin that would merge
ways based on a condition.

	Marko