logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory limits for mkgmap and splitter

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Fri Aug 7 12:56:57 BST 2009

Chris Miller wrote:
> Thanks for the info. Sounds like you've found about the same limit I have
> with --max-nodes and -Xmx4000m. This weekend I'm going to add a --max-areas
> parameter. Setting this to a number < 255 should allow for higher a --max-nodes
> value with the same heap size. In your case with 367 areas, setting --max-areas=184
> should allow for a higher max-nodes setting without any extra passes required.

Yes, that's a welcome addition.

While you're on it, dare I ask to check if it's easy to do some stuff in
different threads? I notice that one core is at 100% almost constantly
while the harddisk is still far from being maxed-out. There should be
room to further speed things up a bit.