logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory limits for mkgmap and splitter

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Fri Aug 7 09:36:14 BST 2009

Thanks for the info. Sounds like you've found about the same limit I have
with --max-nodes and -Xmx4000m. This weekend I'm going to add a --max-areas
parameter. Setting this to a number < 255 should allow for higher a --max-nodes
value with the same heap size. In your case with 367 areas, setting --max-areas=184
should allow for a higher max-nodes setting without any extra passes required.