logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory limits for mkgmap and splitter

From Lambertus osm at na1400.info on Wed Aug 5 15:31:56 BST 2009

Thanks for your work on this, much appreciated!

I'm trying to get a grip on how to use this version of splitter and
re-read your mail a few times. I hope I understand it:

So this version should eliminate the need to split the planet with
Osmosis before giving it to splitter. Just provide the planet and
splitter will define around 500 tiles and reprocess the planet a few
times to get all the tiles extracted.

I'll start a test run with the latest planet tonight. If it doesn't work
on my 4GB machine then I'll try the America's extract made with Osmosis
and report back.