logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Memory limits for mkgmap and splitter

From drahtesel42 at web.de drahtesel42 at web.de on Wed Aug 5 15:27:19 BST 2009

> Any feedback, questions or suggestions are welcome.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks a lot for new splitter beta release. I tried your version with a small region (Bayern in Germany). Max nodes 800.000, 12 tiles:

old splitter: 310 MB RAM
new splitter: 240 MB RAM

old splitter: 370 sec
new splitter: 470 sec

old splitter: problem with 31 relations in more than 4 tiles
new splitter: no problem

old splitter: problem with 2 ways in more than 4 tiles
new splitter: problem with 2 ways in more than 4 tiles

So this is basically good news: memory requirement decreased, and the problem with large relations disappeared. The performance is not as good as the old splitter version, but this is not a problem for me.
Is it possible to improve your code so that large ways can be in more than 4 tiles?

Cheers,
Rudi