logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] splitter build fails on mac

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Wed Aug 5 10:06:06 BST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Greg Troxel<gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:

> (This is also splitter-dev I think.)
>
> I am trying to build the splitter on a mac (10.5.7 with java 1.6.0_13,
> 64-bit server VM), and failing.  I have successfully built mkgmap and
> run it, so my java setup is mostly ok.

I regularly build splitter in a similar environment to yours. I have
to be very careful to make sure that I use the 1.6 Java compiler (not
just the JRE) when I do this. If you have just adjusted the symbolic
link to java 1.6, this will not be sufficient to compile with 1.6

I don't have my Mac in front of me right now, but I believe I set the
JAVA_ROOT (or similar) environment variable to the 1.6 framework.

As Chris also mentioned, I'm almost certain that you're compiling with 1.5.

Cheers.