logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] phone number bug?

From Nolan Clifford clifford.nolan at ul.ie on Tue Aug 4 15:21:16 BST 2009

Hi Berni,

Thanks for taking time to have a look.  Below are some screen shots
that hopefully will illustrate what I am experiencing (hope they can
be posted to the list).  The first is what I see when I search for the
poi to which you referred to in Santry.  The Nuvi 860T was connected
via bluetooth to a phone at the time and as you can see, the
formatting looks off and does not have blue phone symbol to dial.  The
second picture shows that it likes the local area code just fine and
is letting me dial it (as seen by the phone logo). The third picture
is perhaps the most interesting because it shows that it can deal with
the +353 prefix alright but the difference here is that there was not
any other address info for the poi.  So the problem seems to be that
on this gps unit, as soon as addr: tags and a phone tag are
simultaneously present, then the option to dial is not available and
the formatting is messed up :(  Is there any way I could hack the code
to make it work for my unit do you think?  I don't know java, but I
have been looking at the code for formatting address records anyway
trying to see if I can guess what's going on but to no avail.  Anyway,
if you have any ideas on what is going on here, I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cliff.

pictures follow directly below ....