logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] complete list of all mkgmap options

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Tue Aug 4 12:38:19 BST 2009

Yep that framework takes a pretty similar approach to ours. We'd actually
evaluated that (and about 10 others) before deciding to roll our own due
to various requirements we had that no frameworks were able to provide but
you're probably right, something like JCLI would be a good match for mkgmap.
JewelCLI (http://jewelcli.sourceforge.net/) and Args4J (https://args4j.dev.java.net/)
are a couple of others that take this approach. I'd recommend steering clear
of the various alternatives that aren't annotation-based; I don't think we
managed to find any that worked particularly well or had clean syntax with
minimal lines of code required to use them. This was a year or so ago though,
perhaps that has changed.

FWIW, JOpt has a list of some of the more well known CLI parsers: http://jopt-simple.sourceforge.net/

Chris