logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Append Name with general rules via style-file

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Mon Aug 3 21:43:22 BST 2009

Some of you have already made patches for the  "name" so maybe you know
whether the following would be feasible.

Currently add or set name will delete everything and put in the new
text. the start-with used by Thilo's patches works AFAIK (I never tried
it) also only following highway=* [0x?? level ?]

What I would like is to have rules like:
highway=* {name '${name} ${name1} (${ref})' | '${name1} ${ref}' |
'${name1} ${name}' | '${name1}' | '${name} (${ref})' | '${ref}' | '${name}'}

Where name1 is set in relations file. Currently name1 will simply
replace name. I don't know why.

Or
highway=* & bridge=yes { name '${name} (${ref}) bridge' | '${ref}
bridge' | '${name} bridge' }
....... (I would like to have a list of around 200 checks here, adding
tracktype and similar to the name - so each rule should simply add
itself on the name, currently not even having a single rule like the
above works, so if one rule would work I would still excpect it to
somehow fail or give surprising results as the rules are not run in
order, but better a bit working than nothing.....)

Which also currently does not work.