logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1115: Fix infinite loop when an action changes a tag in the condition.

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Fri Jul 31 15:35:36 BST 2009

svn commit schrieb:
> Fix infinite loop when an action changes a tag in the condition.
>
> You should still avoid actually doing this.

Why? Is there still some problem?

My understanding is, that such a change would not help for selcting the
actual conversion rule, since it is already selected when the action is
performed. But I would think it would still have some effect on the
post-processing performed on the element (for whatever reason you want
to do something like that).

And with the proposed stop/continue extension for the style, such an
action would still have a result on the evaluation of th efollowing
rules. In such a case it would be quite typical to use such a rule.

When I have some time, I plan to look into mkgmap and see, whether I can
extend the style rules, so that you can have a condition and an action
but no conversion in a rule, or more precise: I'm thinking about an
empty conversion, e.g.
highway=* & surface=ground {set surface=unpaved} [continue]

Gruss
Torsten