logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing across multiple tiles

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Fri Jul 31 08:13:26 BST 2009

On 07/30/2009 11:25 PM, MarkS wrote:

> I've also done a bit of experimenting:
>
> - My routing preference has been set at the mid point. If I move the
> slider two notches up towards prefering highways then I don't have a
> problem. suggesting that it might be complexity of the route.

My eTrex doen't have that setting. I use "shortest time".

> I wonder if it is something to do with minor roads (and inter-tile
> connections).

I use these settings in the style, together with a selfmade TYP file:

highway=motorway {add oneway=yes; add bicycle=no; add foot=no; name
'${ref|highway-symbol:hbox} ${name}' | '${ref|highway-symbol:hbox}' |
'${name|highway-symbol:hbox}  [0x01 road_class=4 road_speed=6 level 6]
highway=motorway_link {add bicycle=no; add foot=no}                  [0x09
road_class=4 road_speed=3 level 4]
highway=pedestrian & area!=yes                                       [0x0d
road_class=0 road_speed=0 level 2]
highway=primary                                                      [0x02
road_class=3 road_speed=4 level 5]
highway=primary_link                                                 [0x08
road_class=3 road_speed=3 level 4]
highway=residential                                                  [0x06
road_class=1 road_speed=2 level 2]
highway=living_street                                                [0x06
road_class=0 road_speed=1 level 2]
highway=secondary                                                    [0x04
road_class=2 road_speed=3 level 4]
highway=service                                                      [0x07
road_class=0 road_speed=1 level 1]
highway=steps         {add access = no; add foot = yes}              [0x17
road_class=0 road_speed=0 level 2]
highway=tertiary                                                     [0x05
road_class=1 road_speed=3 level 3]
highway=road                                                         [0x03
road_class=1 road_speed=2 level 3]
highway=trunk         {add bicycle=no; add foot=no}                  [0x01
road_class=3 road_speed=5 level 5]
highway=trunk_link    {add bicycle=no; add foot=no}                  [0x08
road_class=3 road_speed=3 level 4]
highway=unclassified                                                 [0x03
road_class=1 road_speed=2 level 3]
highway=unsurfaced                                                   [0x0a
road_class=0 road_speed=1 level 2]
highway=footpath      {add access=no; add bicycle=no; add foot=yes}  [0x0d
road_class=0 road_speed=0 level 1]