logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Routing across multiple tiles

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Tue Jul 28 22:09:08 BST 2009

Hi Mark,

> Sorry forgot to add that bit. I'm using splitter on the UK extracts from
> geofabrik.

OK.

> The most recent trials have used r1099, but before that I was using
> r1067 and r1072 all with the same results.

OK.

> As I say going from one tile to an adjacent one works; but anything with
> an intermediate tile fails. I've tried various routes so I believe the
> problem is general (for me at least!) rather than a specific road that
> is causing the problem.

Testing with mapsource on tiled maps of the UK and the Netherlands, I
can route across multiple tiles (in one case, I counted 7 tiles).

However, mapsource often gives up when trying to route long distances
(especially with the UK map compared to the NL) so I wonder if there's
some complexity contstraint that we're not adhering to.

But to answer your original question, multiple tiles can be routed
across.

Cheers,

Mark