logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing lakes

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Tue Jul 28 06:21:20 BST 2009

Hi!

Apollinaris Schoell schrieb:
> the data is wrong in the first place. a lake and a forest can't be in
> the same place. the forest should be created as multipolygon with all
> the lakes as inner ways.

I agree. The areas on the Garmin should be drawn by the drawing priority
defined in the type file, completely disregarding any layer tags. With
proper multipolygons, everything should look good. But if you start
changing around drawing priorities to get lakes on top of wood, then
probably some wooded islands in lakes will disappear where somebody
thought wood needs to go on top of water.

Adding proper multipolygons to the data instead of relying on any
drawing order is the only useful solution.

bye
	Nop