logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SEVERE consecutive identical nodes with --remove-short-arcs

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Jul 26 09:31:08 BST 2009

Hi Greg,

> As you can see I do have remove-short-arcs.  I think I am r1048 but will
> update and try again.

That version is ancient! please try again with the latest version as I
have made some improvements in this area.

> So two thoughts:
>
>   if ways are still messed up, maybe they should just be omitted?

Perhaps, but my goal is to be able to cope with all data no matter how
crap it is. That may require a certain amount of pruning and trashing
of the really bad stuff. The old saying of Garbage In Garbage Out is
very applicable here.

>   it would be nice to give a URL to the way instead of just the id.  I
>   suspect a lot of these are messed up and should be fixed in the db
>   regardless of mkgmap liking them or not liking them.

The latest rev now reports a download URL.

Cheers,

Mark