logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] natural=coastline not supported?

From Christian Gawron christian.gawron at gmx.de on Sat Jul 25 21:48:31 BST 2009

Am Montag, den 20.07.2009, 08:58 +0100 schrieb Steve Ratcliffe:
> As far as I know, no one is working on creating sea polygons.
> It would be a very useful feature if anyone want to step up
> and do it.

I'm just having a look at it as I want to create a map of Corsica for my
next vacation :-)
By trying to add sea polygons by hand, I learned that the polygons must
not be too big - otherwise island are messed up (they are "overdrawn" by
the sea).
Does someone know the reason for this and can specify what the maximum
size of a polygon (with holes) can be?

BTW: This seems to imply that multipolygons also can not exceed a
certain size - or is there already some code to divide resulting
polygons that are too large?

Best wishes
Christian