logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Default mapping of highway=primary

From Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com on Fri Jul 24 23:34:24 BST 2009

Hi,

While hacking on my own TYP file, I've noticed that my preferred
styling for highway=primary is never being respected, and that primary
roads always assume the same style as trunk. In the TYP file, I've
assumed that primary will be mapped to 0x03 [Principal HWY-medium] and
trunk to 0x02 [Principal HWY-thick ]. I haven't got my head around how
the sources are ordered, but some crude greps suggest to me that the
default styles are using 0x02 for primary, though with primary_link
using 0x03 as I would have expected.

Obviously I could work around this with a custom config to achieve
what I want, but is there any reason not to change the default to use
0x02 and allow trunk and primary to have, as default, different
appearance?

Dermot