logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multiple garmin elements from one osm element

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Tue Jul 21 20:06:40 BST 2009

Felix Hartmann schrieb:
> so my only fear is that going for continue/stop makes mkgmap
> slower.

I did some performance tests today, comparing mkgmap version 1087 with
my modified version on the area (46.0;3.0) to (56.0;19.0) cut into 89 tiles.

With the default style both the original version and the modified
version took approx. 17 minutes. Actually the modified version was a
little bit faster, but this can not be caused by the modification the
reason must be some background work form the windows system. The
resulting Garming image files had (as expected) the same size of 324MB.

For the third run I used a modification of the default style, where I
added a "continue" to evere conversion rule in the lines, points and
polygon files (not very usefull except for some performance
estimations). With this style the processing time increased to approx.
20 minutes and the resulting image files have a size of 434MB.

If you want to try the modified version, you can download my jar-file
at: http://demuur.gmxhome.de/mkgmap_multi.jar

Gruss
Torsten