logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problems at map intersections?

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jul 18 09:21:56 BST 2009

Hi Valentijn,

> I hope you can reproduce my findings - that would be a help.

OK - I have looked at your example and can confirm there is a problem
in that mapsource doesn't display the region near the tile boundary,
it has a gap of 200m or so. Don't know whether this is just mapsource being
it's usual crap self, or the problem also exists on the gps.

It will route through the tunnel (as the attached picture shows) but
mapsource appears very reluctant to do that, you have to be quite
close to the tunnel to avoid mapsource choosing another route. This is
for bicycle routing using the shortest distance. In the picture, if
point 049 is moved S, it will avoid routing through the tunnel and go
via 7379980. Routing along Provincialweg to the N is fine through the
tunnel.

Now, this may be because mapsource thinks that using the tunnel and
then looping back to the S again is not a good route so it decides
you're better off going to the E. If that's the case, I don't think
there is anything we can do about it.

Cheers,

Mark