logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] More on Routing

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jul 16 21:34:13 BST 2009

Hi Paul,

> Bury to CHester however starts along the M66, goes straight through
> junction 18 to the next junction where you go all the way round the
> roundabout, come back on yourself to junction 18 and then turn left onto
> the M60 where the route is then as expected.This odd behaviour then
> continues if routing to places further afield that require the same
> initial route.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.5497&lon=-2.261&zoom=14&layers=B000FTF
> shows the junctions involved but I can't see how it can be data errors
> as some routes go M66, M62 westbound without problem and all 3
> destinations mentioned above are on the same tile

I tried the Bury to Chester route on my eTrex and it doesn't go to the
M66 but goes south directly to J17 on the M60.

However, if I start my route a bit to the E of Bury on the A58 it does
go down the M66 and then does the right thing and turns W around the
Simister roundabout. So it appears to get that right. Can't explain why
you're seeing badness there.

Cheers,

Mark