logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Leisure & Barrier at same times

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Wed Jul 15 23:12:58 BST 2009

Hi David

> I produce a map from Geofabrik Ireland file. I discovered that Saint
> Stephen's Green park in the Dublin city center is not well rendered (in
> the past it was OK). It looks like a polygon on OpenStreetMap.org but if
> you take a look in data, it is both a barrier=fence (rendered with the
> undefined polyline type 0x33) and a leisure=park (polygon type 0x17).
> How can I force to render the park at least  as a polygon and not only
> like undefined polyline ( without removing the barrier rule in lines
> style) ?

> NB : if I remove manually the tag "barrier", the polygon is well
> rendered. Does it mean I found a bug or does it mean data should not be
> defined both like polyline and polygon in OSM ?

Currently lines have priority over polygons, so what you are seeing is
to be expected given the data.  We could reverse this, but that may
introduce the opposite problem.

I wouldn't use the same way for two different things, but If that is
what people do commonly then I guess we will have to try and deal with it.

It is a similar problem the boundary and road problem that was discussed a
while ago.

Currently the polygon and line rules are not kept separately, but I suppose
I could separate them and run against them both.  Its a bit of a waste
for something that will be fairly rare though.

..Steve