logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] 3 countries - 1 file

From Paul news at pointdee.co.uk on Mon Jul 13 21:26:13 BST 2009

Wwat would happen as far as routing is concerned if I download 3
different countries from Geofabrik and then combine them in a single
file...e.g

I download england, scotland, wales and then run

java -Xmx2048M -jar mkgmap.jar --latin1 --gmapsupp --route
--region-name="abc" --region-abbr="abc" --max-jobs --remove-short-arcs
--net --code-page=1252 --country-name="abc" --country-abbr=abc --tdbfile
--tdb-v4 --description="abc" england.osm scotland.osm wales.osm

What I'm expecting is that routing within each country will work but
routing across borders won't

I've created a map with the above options and whilst what I expect to
happen does seem to be happening I thought I'd check

On a related note if I were to create separate england.img,
scotland.img, wales.img files and then combine them into a single
gmapsupp.img which of the family-name, map-name, series-nam etc options
would I need for the individual files and for the combination step so
that I could turn the individual maps on or off?

Cheers

Paul