logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Fwd: OpenStreetMap e-mail - mkgmap bug report

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.demon.co.uk on Wed Jul 8 17:47:30 BST 2009

Hi

I'm am forwarding this email, with permission, in the hope that someone
can help before I able to look at it at the weekend.

----- Forwarded message from Valentijn

Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 10:47:43 +0100
Subject: OpenStreetMap e-mail - mkgmap bug report

Hello Steve,

Marvellous piece of work, mkgmap! Incredible, really. Although, naturally, there are a few glitches and here's one of them.

It could be that there's glitches between the connections between two parts of a map (as I'd guess that the position is somewhere between two sub-maps), but I'm not 100% sure of that.

This http://tile.openstreetmap.nl/?zoom=17&lat=52.01375&lon=5.11781&layers=B00000FF is the position on OSM, and this http://valentijn.sessink.nl/temp/CIMG7132.JPG is how it shows up on my Garmin Nüvi 250, while what I did follows shortly. Please note that I did not use "remove-short-arcs" before, I added it *because* there were a few of these unconnected roads in this region and I thought that --remove-short-arcs would fix that. Now I'm not so sure anymore ;-)

I'll be happy to test new options and I hope this will help to improve mkgmap (if not, please ignore ;-)

Best regards,

Valentijn Sessink

#!/bin/sh
memory=1700m
kaart=`mktemp -d`

cd $kaart
echo 'Downloading Netherlands...'
wget 'http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/europe/netherlands.osm.bz2'
bunzip2 netherlands.osm.bz2
echo "Downloading mkgmap.jar...
wget 'http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/snapshots/mkgmap-latest.tar.gz'
tar -zxf mkgmap-latest.tar.gz # this turns out to be mkgmap-r1080
echo "Downloading splitter... "
wget 'http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/splitter/splitter.jar'
echo "Splitting Netherlands.osm... "
java -Xmx$memory -jar ./splitter.jar --max-nodes=1000000 netherlands.osm
echo "done."
echo "Rendering map... "
java -Xmx$memory -jar mkgmap*/mkgmap.jar --country-name=Nederland --country-abbr
=NL --latin1 --remove-short-arcs=4 --lower-case --route --preserve-element-order
 --location-autofill-1 --gmapsupp --net -c template.args
echo "done."
echo $kaart