logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1079: Create contour lines directly from a SRTM (or CGIAR, ASTER) file.

From Ralf Kleineisel ralf at kleineisel.de on Tue Jul 7 08:39:15 BST 2009

On 07/06/2009 12:57 AM, svn commit wrote:

> --dem-increment Verical distance between the contour lines (default is 10m).

I have a suggestion here:

Currently I use SRTM2OSM to make the contour layers. I use two different
styles to make two SRTM maps with different family IDs. One contains only
the minor contours, the other one the major and medium. Then you can switch
the layers on and off individually in the GPS and have 10 m contours in flat
areas and only 20 m contours in the mountains.

It would be great if that would be possible with the new mkgmap contour
mode, too. For example supply more than one output file name for the
different (minor/medium/major) contours.